Soundcraft and Sound Technology are pleased to announce the availability of software release v6.4 for all Vi1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, 7000 and Vi200/400/600 consoles.
This release includes several major new features which provide significant workflow enhancement to these Vi consoles:
- Autocomplete Patching
- Strip Lock: Lock fader strips or a temporary bay in place on the surface
- User Layers in Snapshots, with Isolation and Scope control
- Direct Output Gain Stabilisation
- Sennheiser 6000 wireless microphone monitoring & control
The new features represent probably the most powerful update package ever released in a single Vi software update, and add enhancements that streamline the workflow across a variety of different functional areas of the console, all of them in response to customer feedback.
In addition to the new features described above, a number of bug fixes and reliability improvements have also been made in the V6.4 release:
- Support for patching of Soundcraft MSB16i and MSB32i Stageboxes
- Various stability improvements in response to customer-supplied log files, including when manipulating cue list order
- Improvement to touchscreen response in User layer assignment pages
- PFL Solo now not affected by Pan
- Bus Solo wasn’t heard if soloed via a VCA
- Further improvement to FX Tap Tempo accuracy
- Correct number of matrix contributions now shown within ViSi Remote
An updated version of the Virtual Vi Offline Editor is also available allowing pre-programming of Show files.
The ViSi Remote app is updated to V3.5.1 to correspond with this release, which adds compatibility with Vi1000 and provides bug fixes. The new version is available now from the Apple App Store.