JBL Professional have announced the introduction of FIR Tunings for select Control Contractor Series loudspeakers.
The FIR filters optimie both frequency response and phase response to a finer degree of precision than has typically been possible with standard IIR “parameter-based” filters. Additionally, these FIR filters were designed to meet JBL Pro’s new V6 FIR tuning standard.
V6 Tuning Features:
- Equalisation to a neutral frequency response.
- Improved linearised phase response above 300 Hz.
- Allows users to start with a known flat voicing for further EQing to the needs of the install.
- Improved signal coherence.
- Matched gain to allow for smooth system tuning and subwoofer integration.
V6 FIR Tunings For Available Loudspeaker Models:
- COL600 Slim Column Loudspeaker
- COL800 Slim Column Loudspeaker
- SLP12/T Sleek Low Profile Loudspeaker
- SLP14/T Sleek Low Profile Loudspeaker
- GSF6 Full Range Loudspeaker
- GSF8 Full Range Loudspeaker
- Control 68HP Pendant Loudspeaker
These tunings are for use with Crown DCI-N and DCI-DA power amplifiers. Additional tuning files are expected to be released for Crown CDI DriveCore amplifiers as well.
You can download FIR Tunings and find out more information here.
JBL Professional by HARMAN is distributed in the UK and ROI by Sound Technology Ltd. For more information please call 01462 480000 or visit https://www.soundtech.co.uk/professional-audio/jbl.