Apogee Electronics and UK distributor Sound Technology Ltd are pleased to announce that Symphony I/O Mk II, Apogee’s flagship AD/DA converter, is now available with connectivity to Waves SoundGrid® network.
With a simple ethernet connection, Symphony I/O Mk II’s industry-leading sound quality can be easily accessed from your computer, shared between multiple rooms, multiple computers and supercharged with almost infinite real-time DSP power via Waves SoundGrid servers. Symphony I/O Mk II SoundGrid integrates seamlessly with all DAWs, providing endless possibilities for setups of every size for studio, live and post production workflows.
“We’re very pleased to be working with Waves to bring a SoundGrid-enabled Symphony I/O Mk II to Apogee and Waves customers”, commented Sean McArthur, Director of Marketing for Apogee. “Symphony I/O Mk II is a flagship product that reflects more than 30 years of our expertise in making superior digital audio recording interfaces and it’s a platform we are still building on. Adding SoundGrid connectivity to Symphony I/O MkII offers customers the best of both worlds in professional audio quality and ultra-low latency plugin processing over a network. It’s an ideal solution for studio recording and live sound production.”
Mick Olesh, Waves EVP of Sales & Marketing, comments, “We are delighted to collaborate with Apogee and offer Waves SoundGrid technology and the use of Waves plugins to the Symphony I/O Mk II, thus augmenting its capabilities and offering users, whether in studio or live, a substantial increase in its ability to network easily, a valuable high channel count per connection and extremely low latency.”
Symphony I/O Mk II SoundGrid is now available in one of three standard I/O configurations: 8x8, 16x16 or 8x8+8 mic preamps. These configurations can be expanded with additional I/O modules to accommodate up to 32x32 simultaneous inputs and outputs.
About Symphony I/O Mk II
Symphony I/O Mk II is the most advanced and flexible multi-channel audio interface available. Featuring Apogee’s newest flagship AD/DA conversion, modular I/O (up to 32 simultaneous inputs and outputs), and intuitive touchscreen display, Symphony I/O Mk II offers direct connectivity to one of three different platforms - Thunderbolt, Pro Tools HD or Waves SoundGrid network.
Waves SoundGrid® is an innovative networking and processing platform for real-time professional audio applications. Ideal for studios, live sound, broadcast, post-production and more, SoundGrid provides an extremely low-latency environment for high-precision audio processing. Together with a server, a Mac or PC host computer and Symphony I/O Mk II, SoundGrid lets you run, in real time, a multitude of award-winning reverbs, equalisers, compressors, and other mixing tools by Waves, as well as any other SoundGrid-compatible third-party plugins.
- Connect Symphony I/O Mk II via Ethernet cable to computer(s) and/or SoundGrid compatible devices
- Sync audio between multiple computers, DAWs and rooms (Mac or PC)
- Near-zero latency recording with any SoundGrid compatible plugins*
- Mix with nearly unlimited plugin power*
- Up to 32 channels of modular analog I/O with optional 8 mic preamps per Symphony unit
- Best per-channel value of any interface in its category
- Setup and advanced control via Waves SoundGrid Studio application
- Available as free download from Waves
- Ideal for studio facilities, live sound, broadcast and post-production
- Designed in California, Built in the U.S.A.
*Requires Waves SoundGrid server
Pricing and Availability
- 8×8 Configuration: £3299 RRP inc VAT
- 16×16 Configuration: £4249 RRP inc VAT
- 8×8+8MP Configuration: £4699 RRP inc VAT
- Empty Mk II SoundGrid Chassis (No I/O Modules): £1729 RRP inc VAT
All configurations are shipping now.
For more information on the Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II for Waves SoundGrid please click here.
Apogee is distributed in the UK/ROI by Sound Technology Ltd. For more information please call 01462 480000 or visit www.soundtech.co.uk/apogee.