Apogee Electronics and UK distributor Sound Technology Ltd are pleased to announce the new Apogee MiC 96k for Windows and Mac. MiC 96k is a professional 96kHz, 24-bit USB microphone that makes it easy to capture vocals, voice overs, podcasts and acoustic musical instruments on your Windows or Mac computer. With MiC 96k and your laptop you can make studio-quality recordings anywhere.
“We are very excited to offer a version of MiC 96k to a whole new audience,” commented Sean McArthur, Apogee’s Director of Marketing. “Since we launched MiC for iPhone and Mac in 2011, customers from all over the world have been asking for Windows compatibility,” he continued. “We recognise that working across multiple platforms is becoming a requirement for many creative people and we want to empower them with the best tools for their preferred workflow.” he concluded.
MiC 96k for Vocals and Acoustic Instruments
MiC 96k features a wide dynamic range for capturing any singing style and genre. From soft ballads to hard rock, your vocal recordings will be clear and detailed. And because you can easily set your level directly on MiC, your tracks will be distortion-free. MiC’s preamp and A/D converter are designed to record the true tone of acoustic instruments. Recordings of acoustic guitar, piano, strings and percussion will all sound like you are in the room with the performance.
MiC 96k for Voiceovers and Podcasts
MiC 96k simplifies the recording process for voiceovers, podcasts and interviews and delivers professional results. With MiC 96k and your laptop you have an affordable setup that is portable and easy to use.
- 2015 TEC award winner for Outstanding Technical Achievement
- PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality
- Designed for voice and acoustic instrument recording
- Studio quality cardioid condenser microphone
- Up to 96kHz, 24-bit analog-to-digital recording
- Works on Mac and Windows 10 computers
- Also compatible with iOS devices (Lightning cable sold separately)
- Recommended Windows 10 apps: Abelton Live, Pro Tools, Audacity, Cubase or any ASIO4ALL driver compatible application
- Recommended Mac OS apps: GarageBand, Logic Pro, Abelton Live, Pro Tools, Audacity or any Core Audio compatible app
- Simple setup, you can start recording in minutes
- Apogee engineered microphone preamp with up to 40dB of gain
- Control knob allows easy input level adjustment
- Multicolour LED for status indication and input level monitoring
- All metal construction
- Made in the U.S.A.
- In the box
- USB Cable
- Desktop stand
- Microphone stand adapter
Pricing and Availability
The Apogee MiC 96k for Windows and Mac will be available this month priced at £189 RRP inc VAT. For more information please click here.
Apogee Electronics are distributed in UK and ROI by Sound Technology Ltd. For more information please call 01462 480000 or visit www.soundtech.co.uk/apogee.