a tiny studio microphone with a large-diaphragm capsule and groundbreaking features.
we call it CM–15. the latest addition to our field system. a versatile studio quality, ultra-portable microphone that comes with a built-in professional usb-c audio interface with built-in preamp. add a 3.5 mm jack and a 48v phantom powered mini xlr, and you have a truly one-of-a-kind battery-powered studio microphone.
a rarity in the field.
large-diaphragm capsules are preferred for professional recording, but are rare within the world of portable equipment. CM–15 features an ESS sabre analog-to-digital converter, preserving high-fidelity sound and capturing exceptional detail in any recording situation.
clean, mean and lean mic-machine.
clean, rich, transparent and natural sound. period. use the gain switch on the back for padding those mean drums, or the other way around. battery-powered with an integrated audio interface and preamp, CM–15 is always ready to use wherever you like to record. in other words: ’lean operation’.
(Click for hi-res version)
dynamic sound for any occasion.
our first microphone also means a unique sound quality to discover. rich, transparent and natural, CM–15 captures clear and clean sound for professional audio productions, always ready to set up wherever you like to record.
CM–15 is an incredibly versatile microphone, both inside and outside the studio. the large-diaphragm condenser capsule essentially means you get a better signal, so there is less noise and better depth of sound.
CM–15 has multiple outputs that can be used simultaneously: mini xlr, 3.5 mm jack and usb-c. it can also be powered three ways, through phantom power, battery or usb-c, instantly detecting the right power source for your connected device.
- pocket-sized pro audio. CM–15 is a large membrane microphone, a rarity within the world of portable studio gear. the smallest of its kind, it features an ess sabre analog to digital converter for preserving high fidelity sound. CM–15 captures exceptional audio quality in a compact professional setup.
- rich, transparent and natural sound. CM–15 captures clear and clean sound for professional audio productions.
- dynamic sound. the CM–15 studio microphone is thoughtfully constructed to minimize handling noise with three gain settings to encourage versatile use, everything from soft vocals to heavy drums.
- functional portability. CM–15 is an incredibly versatile microphone, both inside and outside the studio. from professional musical recordings to portable studio setups and on location interviews, CM–15 is quick to set up wherever you are.
- wide usability. CM–15 is perfect for capturing vocals, both singing and podcasting, as well as recording instruments from guitar to drums, and everything in between.
- 1-inch large-diaphragm capsule
- 10 hour rechargeable battery
- 48 V phantom power compatible pseudo-balanced mini xlr output
- dual mono 3.5 mm jack line output
- usb-c class compliant device with high performance
- ESS sabre ES9822Q PRO analog to digital converter
- dimensions and weight: 90 mm x 65.5 mm x 19 mm132 g / 54.6 oz
- self noise: 14 dBA
- max SPL for 0.5% THD: 138 dB
- USB SNR dBA FS: 120 dB
- polar pattern: supercardioid
- polarity: positive
The Teenage Engineering CM-15 will be available from June 2023 priced at £1049 RRP inc VAT.
Teenage Engineering is distributed in the UK and ROI by Sound Technology Ltd. For more information please call 01462 480000 or visit www.soundtech.co.uk/music-retail/teenageengineering.