Solid State Logic UK distributor Sound Technology Ltd is pleased to announce immediate availability of the new BiG SiX SuperAnalogue™ mixer.
Based on the widely acclaimed Solid State Logic SiX desktop mixer and incorporating feedback from artists, producers and engineers to create the next step in SSL hybrid production, BiG SiX is a 16 channel studio grade mixing console that combines features and technologies from legendary large-format SSL consoles with full USB integration, additional processing and advanced routing capabilities — all with the quality that audio professionals have come to expect and rely from SSL.
BiG SiX is the ultimate tool for artists and musicians working in a hybrid recording and mixing environment. The console's SuperAnalogue™ design delivers the punch, clarity, and ultra-low distortion that engineers love from the company's 9000 consoles, along with a new 16 channel AD/DA USB interface. Also included is an 'Essential Version' of the SSL G-Comp Bus Compressor, now with the renowned ‘Auto’ release feature, channel dynamics processing and a three-band EQ based on the iconic SSL 4000E console. Producers and mix engineers will appreciate BiG SiX's comprehensive monitoring section featuring full source matrix feeding two independent headphone outputs, along with its impressive 18-channel analogue summing at mixdown capability. The result is that BIG SiX is the essential SSL studio.
BiG SiX is a nimble and capable solution at any point in the production process. In addition to 16 channels of high performance 96 Khz / 24-bit USB conversion which the user can reroute to External Inputs, Stereo Cues and Pre/Post Fader options, BiG SiX also features fully balanced insert points on all SuperAnalogueTM inputs, full size 100 mm SSL console grade faders, Mix Bus Inject for cascading additional SiX and BiG SiX, dual independent headphone outputs and much more. As well as offering four SuperAnalogueTM Mic/Line/Hi-z inputs with polarity switch, the four Stereo Inputs can be individually switched to dual mono, adding further recording flexibility.
- Four SuperAnalogueTM ‘Money Channels’ with Mic / Line level input / Hi-Z / phantom power / HPF / Polarity switch / classic SSL Channel Dynamics / updated three-band EQ (based on SSL E Series) / fully balanced insert point
- Four stereo inputs featuring dual mono switching and wide gain range
- Built in 16-channel high quality USB AD/DA converters (96 Khz / 24-bit) with advanced routing capabilities
- Three compressor flavors: Classic SSL channel dynamics, Listen Mic Compressor and Essential version of G-Comp Bus Compressor now featuring ‘Auto’ release
- 100 mm studio grade faders
- Professional LED meters with fast and accurate peak response
- Two independent headphone outputs
- Comprehensive monitoring section
- Two stereo cue feeds
- Up to 18 inputs at mixdown
- Mix Bus inject for cascading additional SiX/BiG SiX consoles
Solid State Logic is distributed in the UK by Sound Technology Ltd. For more information please call 01462 480000 or visit www.soundtech.co.uk/ssl