Apogee Electronics, a leader in digital audio recording since 1985, today announced the latest in its jam series of guitar interfaces: jamx. Building on the original jam interface from 2010, jamx provides the easiest way to connect your guitar to a computer or iOS device for studio-quality sound.
However, jamx adds a new feature unmatched by competitors: an analog compressor built right in. Apogee’s new jamx interface allows guitarists to plug in and get creating immediately with studio-grade sound and tone-shaping compression. Guitar enthusiasts will experience their instrument in a whole new way through jamx.
Built-in Analog Compressor
jamx's built-in analog compressor introduces an all-new feature to the jam family. Choose from 3 presets that respond to how much you drive the input gain. By applying compression before your virtual amp sim, you'll find new life in your guitar tone. With jamx, you'll have endless inspiration developing your own tone.
jamx's compressor lets you shape your clean tone. Responsive and musical, it adds sustain and balances your dynamics. Use it to fatten up single-coil pickups or tame humbuckers. With 3 modes—Smooth Leveler, Purple Squeeze, and Vintage Blue Stomp—you can go from subtle to extreme. However you use it, jamx's analog compressor will become essential to your tone.
Never Miss A Beat
Stay in the rhythmic pocket with Blend mode, allowing you to record with absolutely no vibe-killing latency (delay). To listen exclusively through your virtual amp software, turn off Blend with a click of a button.
Crank It Up
Whether recording your latest track or streaming music, jamx dramatically improves audio playback. With high-resolution sample rates up to 96 kHz and ample headroom, jamx delivers incredible clarity and volume to your headphones or powered speakers.
- Apogee’s PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality
- Works with guitar, bass, keyboards, synths, or any acoustic instrument with pickups
- Built-in Analog Compressor
- Includes 3 Presets:
- Smooth Leveler (Low amount of compression)
- Purple Squeeze (Medium amount of compression)
- Vintage Blue Stomp (Aggressive amount of compression)⅛” output connects to headphones or powered speakers
- ¼” studio quality instrument input
- 24-bit/96kHz high resolution audio
- Rugged metal body with soft touch base
- Blend Mode - Record with zero latency
- Extended 60-Day Trial of Tim Henson’s Archetype Plugin from Neural DSP
- Ableton Live Lite
- Just plug in and play with any audio recording app
- Connect to Mac and Windows computers
- Compatible with the Apogee ASIO Driver for Windows
- Connect to iPad Pro with Type C port
Pricing and Availability
The Apogee jamx will be available from April 2023 priced at £199 RRP inc VAT.
Apogee is distributed in the UK/ROI by Sound Technology Ltd. For more information please call 01462 480000 or visit www.soundtech.co.uk/music-retail/apogee.