Pro-Level Performance at an Entry-Level Price
Apogee Electronics and UK distributor Sound Technology Ltd are pleased to announce BOOM, a 2x2 USB-C audio interface for macOS, iOS and Windows, designed to kickstart any music or content creation project in the studio or on the go.
Whether you're a musician, podcaster, video producer or live streamer, BOOM will inspire you to take your projects to the next level.
With BOOM you can record, monitor and mix through class-leading mic preamps and pristine digital conversion. Capture any source from guitar, keyboard and percussion, to voice and vocals with legendary Apogee sound quality at 24-bit/192kHz resolution. BOOM is the only interface in its class that lets you fine tune your input sources with premium built-in hardware DSP FX. Are you a creator on-the-go? BOOM is powered by your device - just connect BOOM directly to your Mac, iPad Pro or Windows laptop, and let your ideas flow wherever you go.
Perfecting Analog with Pristine Digital Design Since 1985
For almost four decades, Apogee has been perfecting the art of analog recording in a digital world. BOOM continues that legacy by focusing on the details and premium components - allowing your projects to stand out from the rest.
- BOOM’s conversion stages employ high-end analog to digital and digital to analog conversion components, not low-end codecs
- All inputs accept a professional-spec maximum input level of +18dBu, ensuring a pristine audio signal even with the loudest sources
- Mic preamps offer a class-leading 62 dB of gain, for capturing delicate sources with clarity and powering popular microphones like the Shure SM7B
- BOOM’s zero-ohm headphone output provides an audiophile experience, able to drive even high-impedance “hi-fi” headphones with power, clarity and a perfectly balanced frequency response
Intuitive Workflow to Shape your Sound
BOOM is the first audio interface in its class to offer on-board hardware DSP. With the Symphony ECS Channel Strip (tuned by legendary mixer, Bob Clearmountain), you can shape and sculpt your input sources with a 3-band EQ, compression and a drive knob that adds the warmth and grit of analog gear. The ECS Channel Strip is also available as a native plugin from Apogee, so you can add the same character too any track in your mix.
Build The Perfect Stream
Create the perfect live streaming production with the on-board Mixer and Loopback mode. Allowing you to listen to your game, Spotify playlist, & chat notifications all at the same time and at the perfect level.
Start Creating Right Away with Ableton Live Lite
Bundled with BOOM is Ableton Live Lite, which is a fresh and easy way to write, record, produce and perform your own music. It includes essential workflows, instruments and effects for creating new sounds, recording ideas, performing on stage and much more.
- 1 balanced
- ¼” instrument/line input 1 balanced mic/line/instrument Combi input
- 1 ¼” Zero ohm Headphone output
- Left/Right ¼” balanced speaker outputs
- Built-in hardware DSP with Symphony ECS Channel strip
- PureDIGITAL connection for up to 24-bit/192kHz recording
- Rugged construction with steel casing and rubber pads along the base
- Connect directly to iPad Pro - Control with Apogee Control 2 app
- Bus Powered with Included USB-C Cable
- Includes Apogee Control 2 software for macOS, iOS and Windows
- Includes Ableton Live Lite DAW (free license + download with registration)
- Works with any audio recording application on macOS®, iOS®* or Windows®
- Get 50% off any Apogee plugin or plugin bundle when you register BOOM
Pricing and Availability
Apogee BOOM is available now priced at £329 RRP inc VAT.
Apogee is distributed in the UK/ROI by Sound Technology Ltd. For more information please call 01462 480000 or visit www.soundtech.co.uk/music-retail/apogee.