Apogee Electronics and UK distributor Sound Technology Ltd are pleased to announce immediate availability of the new Apogee Jam+ USB Instrument Input and Headphone Output for iOS, Mac and PC.
In 2010 Jam was introduced in Apple stores worldwide as the first high quality digital interface to connect guitars and instruments with Mac and IOS devices. Jam set a new standard in mobile recording by combining Apogee’s renowned conversion specs and components into a simple and portable design.
Jam+ continues the evolution in the series bringing the best advances in Apogee’s design and engineering into an all new metal chassis with enhanced PureDIGITAL circuitry for the greatest ‘true tone’ audio resolution. Jam+ now includes a powerful headphone output with zero latency monitoring and overdrive mode to make practise and recording sessions better than ever.
Professional Instrument Tone on your iPhone, Mac and PC
Apogee Jam+ is a professional, USB instrument input and headphone output. Jam+ connects your electric guitar, bass, keyboard or any acoustic instrument with a pickup directly to your iOS device or computer. With an adapter (sold separately) you can also connect a dynamic microphone. The simplicity and portability of Jam+ make it ideal for capturing your best take anywhere you go. The ease of use and sound quality make Jam+ a must-have for beginners and pros.
Connect to any Instrument
Connect any instrument-level input you can imagine to your iOS device or computer using Jam+. Synth or keyboard, electric guitar or bass, dynamic microphone* or acoustic instrument with a pickup - it all works with Jam+.
*Requires microphone adapter, sold separately.
Keep it Pristine & Clean
The PureDIGITAL signal path to smooth, noiseless tone, Clean Mode is the ideal setting for pristine, unaffected instrument recording.
Put it in OverDrive
Drive Mode gives you that responsive amp and pedal feel from subtle to snarling distortion and makes virtual amps and FX sound more like the real thing.
Play Without Delay
The Blend feature lets you play and record with zero latency. Jam+ features an ⅛” stereo headphone output and Blend function for zero latency monitoring. The Blend setting allows you to easily adjust how much direct instrument input you hear mixed with software playback, enabling you to dial in the perfect mix.
It’s an Instrument Input, AD/DA Converter and Headphone Output, All in One
Jam+ is actually an instrument input, A/D and D/A converter and headphone output all rolled into one seamless device. Apogee has designed each part of Jam+ to deliver the highest quality signal possible with the lowest noise - we call this PureDIGITAL.
Listen with More Level
The headphone amp in Jam+ gives you plenty of level and high quality sound to power your headphones or even powered speakers. Whether you’re monitoring as you play and record or simply streaming music from your favourite app, Jam+ improves audio playback quality with sample rates up to 96k.
Get BIAS FX Jam Software FREE*
*Register JAM+ on the Apogee website and get BIAS FX Jam software FREE from Positive Grid.
The BIAS FX Jam bundle includes a premium selection of 3 amps and 6 essential pedal effects ($49 value USD). Together, JAM+ and BIAS FX Jam give you amazing and realistic guitar tone for practicing, performing and recording. No additional software is needed to plug in and play right away with professional amp sounds on your Mac or PC.
- Studio quality USB instrument input and headphone output
- Apogee’s PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality
- 24-bit/96kHz recording
- Overdrive mode makes virtual amps and effects sound more realistic
- Output Blend feature offers zero latency monitoring and recording
- Includes BIAS FX Jam software from Positive Grid
- Rugged metal body with soft touch base
- No configuration, just plug in and play
- Works with iOS, Mac and PC
- Built in the U.S.A. (Using domestic and foreign parts)
Mac OS 10.9 or later
- Computer: Mac, with an Intel processor
- Memory: 2 GB of RAM minimum
- Connection/power: USB port on computer
Windows 10 or later
- Computer: Windows PC with Intel/AMD x86-64 processor
- Memory: 4GB of RAM minimum
- Connection/power: USB port on computer
- ASIO4ALL driver (for professional applications only)
iOS 9 or later
Connection: Lightning, Power: From iOS device
- iPhone X,
- iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8,
- iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7,
- iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6,
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5,
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch) iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch),
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air,
- iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini,
- iPad (6th generation), iPad (5th generation)
In the Box
- Apogee Jam+
- Quick Start guide
- BIAS FX JAM software download instructions
- Lightning cable (iOS devices)
- USB cable (Type C)
- USB cable (Type A)
- Warranty Booklet
- Weight: 0.25 lbs (0.11 kg)
- Length: 4.0” (10 cm)
- Width: 1.5” (3.8 cm)
- Height: 1.15” (2.9 cm)
Pricing and Availability
The Apogee Jam+ is available now priced at £159 RRP inc VAT.
Apogee is distributed in the UK/ROI by Sound Technology Ltd. For more information please call 01462 480000 or visit www.soundtech.co.uk/apogee.