Apogee announces its Clearmountain's Phases Plugin - allowing you to create your own phases with an authentic emulation of Bob Clearmountain's Vintage Analog Flanger & Phaser Rack Modules.
The trippy, undulating sound of flanging and phasing debuted in the ‘60s and ‘70s with songs like Small Faces’ “Itchycoo Park,” Led Zeppelin’s “Kashmir,” and Hendrix’ “Bold as Love.” And it’s made its mark on every decade since, playing key moments on tracks by David Bowie, Roxy Music, The Clash, The Cult, U2, Daft Punk, not to mention dozens of tracks by Van Halen.
Clearmountain’s Phases brings you the sounds of classic flanger and phaser processors used in mixing engineer Bob Clearmountain’s studio, meticulously modeling his rare, vintage flanger and phaser rack modules from the mid-seventies. The plugin adds Expanded settings modules, so you can replicate Bob’s advanced workflow, easily dialing in the distinct, engaging modulation effects heard on songs from the world’s most influential artists.
- Authentic emulations of Bob Clearmountain's vintage Flanger and Phaser Rack Modules.
- Phases Presets offers access to Clearmountain's personal settings for iconic songs and applications.
- Use Module Config to combine the flanger and phaser for complex, evolving soundscapes.
- Expanded Settings Modules offer a universe of possibilities beyond the original units.
- Dial in the distortion, aliasing and component aging of the hardware units, or keep it clean.