Posted 19 July 2018
Warehouse Operative - Temporary, Part Time
Main purpose of the role
To assist the Sound Technology warehouses to run efficiently, effectively and within health & safety standards at all times. To assist in the timely delivery of goods to customers and that product returned to the company for repair or credit is accurately administered.
- To assist with the administration and unloading of all incoming stock.
- To ensure stock holding, stock movements and all records are accurately maintained.
- To make sure that all goods are picked, packed and despatched correctly. To competently use both counterbalance and reach forklift trucks.
- To assist with reconciliations of stock, picking or despatch errors.
- To assist with cycle counts and annual stock take as required.
- To carry out daily checks of all mechanical handling devices under your control and ensure that they are logged correctly.
- To build and maintain a good working relationship with customers and colleagues
- To undertake general duties as required to facilitate the smooth operation of the warehouse.
- To ensure a clean, tidy and hazard free work area at all times
- To take responsibility for, and promote, the health, safety and welfare – of yourself and others - who may be affected by what you do, or fail to do – whilst complying with the company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
From time to time the job holder will be expected to carry out other activities and tasks within their skills and ability or for which they are trained to do in order to assist in the efficient operation of the company.
Based on these deliverables, the successful candidate will be able to fulfil the following criteria;
- Able to explain warehousing and stock control procedures such as stock administration, stock cycle counting and stock-taking.
- Able to competently use both counterbalance and reach forklift trucks.
- Maintain an up-to date forklift truck licence (Reach & Counterbalance) Preferred but not essential.
- Able to use number of different software packages including MS Office and Google Docs.
- Previous experience of stock inventory software.
- Show ability and understanding of the need for attention to detail.
- Can explain the need to follow warehouse procedures
Working in a warehouse environment requires the applicant;
- Have an up-to date Forklift Truck licence (Reach & Counterbalance).
- Be familiar with Health and Safety best practices
Please send your CV and this Application Form (Word version, PDF version) to:
Executive Assistant to the MD
Sound Technology Ltd
17 Letchworth Point
Letchworth Garden City
Or email both the above to email@example.com
Strictly no agencies.