AV / Pro Audio
Main Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Application Engineering Manager you will be responsible for liaising with integrators, colleagues and clients to provide system proposals with supporting acoustic models, documentation, price quotations and demonstration using HARMAN Pro Audio products. Maintaining a good working relationship with integration partners, audio consultants and architects you will be a knowledge resource for technical support and training. As well as having a strong understanding of HARMAN Pro Audio brands you will have knowledge and experience of other integrated AV products in the market and understand their use.
- To liaise with integration partners, consultants, architects and other organisations in all technical aspects of project work relating to Harman Pro Audio products.
- Support the pro-audio sales team to provide technical proposals and quotations by phone, email or in person.
- Provide supporting documentation for project proposals e.g. Acoustic Predictions, System Diagrams and Estimates.
- Attend site-visits when required to obtain critical project information.
- Support the commissioning of HARMAN Pro Audio AV and control systems deployed in the field.
- Demonstrate HARMAN Pro audio equipment to end-users, partners, consultants etc., including preparation, testing and setup.
- Provide internal and external product training.
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with all suppliers, consultants, partners and colleagues. Representing the company in a professional manner.
- Work closely with the HARMAN EMEA apps team on projects and events in the UK.to
- To ensure that project information is efficiently, accurately and effectively maintained within our CRM system.
- To attend sales and marketing meetings when required.
- To represent the company at trade shows and meet with suppliers and customers at such events.
- To ensure a clean, tidy and hazard free work area at all times.
- To take responsibility for, and promote, the Health, Safety and Welfare – of yourself and your colleagues - who may be affected by what you do, or fail to do – whilst complying with the company’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
From time to time the job holder will be expected to carry out other activities and tasks, within their skills and ability or for which they are trained to do in order to assist in the efficient operation of the company.
Based on these deliverables, the successful candidate will be able to fulfil the following criteria;
- Educated to graduate level in an audio, acoustic or engineering degree or related subject. Equivalent industry learned capability also considered.
- Experience in working in a relevant pro audio or AV role, preferably including time spent working for a customer or competitor.
- Experience with Acoustic Modelling and commissioning software desirable (e.g. EASE, SMAARTT…).
- Has a good understanding of pro audio, video and control systems.
- Has experience of specifying and programming audio DSP’s and popular control systems e.g. AMX Crestron or Extron
- Can demonstrate a decent grounding in acoustics and electro-acoustics.
- Has a good understanding of pro audio and AV product types.
- Experience in IP Network configuration, system coding and/or scripting would be beneficial
- High level of computer literacy and confidence with all MS Office products.
- Experience of working with a CRM system e.g. D365, Salesforce…
- Is able to problem solve to achieve effective and sustainable solutions.
- Has good literacy and numerical skills.
Working in this sector will require the applicant to;
- Have a full and clean driving licence and be willing to travel throughout the UK and Ireland. Travel abroad may also be required to attend trade events.
- Be familiar with Health and Safety best practices
To apply for this position, please download & fill out the application form:
Together with your CV and the completed Application Form, for this role we would like to see a short video (approx. 3 mins) introducing yourself. Please include a download link via a platform such as Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, or WeTransfer on the Application Form.
Please send your Application Form with video link, CV & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.