Posted 11 December 2017
Responsible for product planning, purchasing product and inventory management. To provide sales and marketing teams with stock availability, pricing information and delivery information. Develop and maintain supplier relationships across our extensive collection of quality brands in the MI and Pro sectors
To manage vendor relationships, including negotiation of pricing, terms and schedules.
Provide accurate delivery dates on incoming supplier order to our sales and marketing teams.
Identify opportunities for product exclusives or promotions.
Use sales histories and market conditions to plan out forward orders.
Undertake your own administration, including the creation of purchase orders and new product items.
Occasional travel to international music exhibitions and events.
To take responsibility for, and promote, the health, safety and welfare within the Purchasing area, whilst complying with the company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
From time to time the job holder will be expected to carry out other activities and tasks within their skills and ability or for which they are trained to do in order to assist in the efficient operation of the company.
Based on these deliverables, the successful candidate will be able to fulfil the following criteria;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in distribution/retail: purchasing, pricing and merchandising, preferably in musical instruments (MI) or pro audio markets.
- Can show knowledge of product types for the MI/Pro Audio markets.
- Be able to demonstrate strong organisational skills and ability to manage multiple projects, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Can show excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Can show a good level of computer literacy, preferably showing knowledge of ERP systems (Ideally Netsuite) although training will be given.
- Show ability and understanding of the need for attention to detail.
- Can work with little supervision but can also work as part of a team, building strong interpersonal relationships.
Working in this sector will require the applicant to;
Be familiar with Health and Safety best practices
You must have eligibility to work permanently from our head office in Letchworth Garden City
Please send your CV and this Application Form (Word version, PDF version) to:
Executive Assistant to the MD
Sound Technology Ltd
17 Letchworth Point
Letchworth Garden City
Alternatively email both the above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 31 January 2018.
Strictly no agencies.