Main purpose of role
To deliver system specifications, training sessions, demonstrations, and be a brand ambassador for Harman professional and performance audio product. Working within our well-respected and established Applications Team, you will work directly with our suppliers, customers, audio consultants and end users. This role will be based both out in the field and at the Sound Technology offices and focussed on the larger-format touring and performance PA products.
- To liaise with customers, end users and consultants in all technical aspects of work relating to Harman Pro products. These include AKG, Soundcraft, BSS, dbx, Crown and JBL.
- Working closely with the sales and technical presales staff to grow the awareness and reputation of the Harman product range. Proactive assessment of the needs of our customers and reporting these to the sales channel.
- Provide technical quotations including any necessary diagramatic aids of suggested equipment.
- System calibration, tuning and general commissioning support will be a significant part of the role
- Organisation, preparation and de-prep of demonstration equipment. Calibrating systems on-site and conducting supported system trails at venues and festivals.
- Provide product training for customers and Sound Technology staff on Harman Pro product. Primarily focussed on Soundcraft digital consoles and the JBL/Crown performance audio product.
- To provide technical support for customers and colleagues by phone, email or in person for the full range of Harman Pro Audio and AV products and services.
- To build and maintain a good working relationship with all suppliers, customers and colleagues.
- To ensure that project information is efficiently, accurately and effectively maintained, logged and held using company and departmental systems.
- Work at weekends and out of hours will be part of the role. Time in lieu will be given for weekend work
- To attend sales and marketing meetings when required.
- To represent the company at trade shows and meet with suppliers and customers at such events.
- To ensure a clean, tidy and hazard free work area at all times.
- To take responsibility for, and promote, the Health, Safety and Welfare – of yourself and your colleagues - who may be affected by what you do, or fail to do – whilst complying with the company’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
From time to time the job holder will be expected to carry out other activities and tasks, within their skills and ability or for which they are trained to do in order to assist in the efficient operation of the company.
Based on these deliverables, the successful candidate will be able to fulfil the following criteria;
- Educated to college-level in acoustics / sound engineering or related subject. Alternatively, equivalent industry-learned capability should be demonstrated.
- Experience working in a pro-audio role using relevant product. Candidates must show a strong working knowledge of digital consoles and performance PA systems. Ideally in a live sound-sound or touring capacity. Show a good understanding of pro audio, acoustics, electro-acoustics and sound engineering.
- Maintain focus and calm, methodical working practices under time pressure and in stressful environments
- Ability to utilise SMAART (or similar RTA software) to help calibrate and optimise systems.
- Capability to work with audio-over-IP protocols including Audinate’s DANTE tools such as DANTE Controller and Virtual Soundcard.
- Experience in IP Network configuration would be beneficial.
- High level of computer literacy and confidence with all MS Office products.
- Good problem-solving skills which achieve effective and sustainable solutions.
- Has good literacy and numerical skills.
- Flexible attitude and willingness to collaborate with and support other team members in tasks outside their core remit.
- An friendly, open-minded approach and enthusiasm to achieve reference-class audio systems which fulfil and excede the expectations of our customers.
Working in this sector will require the applicant to;
- Have a full and clean driving licence and be willing to travel throughout the UK and Ireland. Travel abroad may also be required to attend trade events.
- Be familiar with Health and Safety best practices
To apply for this role, please download and complete the application form. Then submit your form and CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post:
Sound Technology Ltd
17 Letchworth Point
Letchworth Garden City
Download the Application Form: Word Version / PDF Version