Posted 10 April 2018
Application Engineer - Pro Audio / AV
To liaise and supply technical proposals for potential projects involving Harman Pro product along with price quotations & product demonstration to customers, audio consultants, architects and other organisations. To also provide technical support and training on all Harman Pro products out in the field and at the Sound Technology offices.
To liaise with customers, audio consultants, architects and other organisations in all technical aspects of project work relating to Harman Pro products.
Provide technical quotations for projects including any necessary diagramatic aids of suggested equipment. Where necessary, support the commissioning of audio video and control systems.
When required attend on-site planning meetings.
To be able to demonstrate any Harman Pro equipment to potential customers, audio consultants etc.
To attend visits to potential project customers on a regular basis to ensure that Harman Pro product portfolios are understood, make clients aware of new product and to assist sales channel staff to gauge any future business that might come from said company.
Provide product training for customers and Sound Technology staff on Harman Pro product.
To provide technical support for customers and colleagues by phone, email or in person for the full range of Harman Pro Audio and AV products and services.
To build and maintain a good working relationship with all suppliers, customers and colleagues.
To ensure that product information is efficiently, accurately and effectively maintained, logged and held.
To attend sales and marketing meetings when required.
To represent the company at trade shows and meet with suppliers and customers at such events.
To ensure a clean, tidy and hazard free work area at all times.
To take responsibility for, and promote, the Health, Safety and Welfare – of yourself and your colleagues - who may be affected by what you do, or fail to do – whilst complying with the company’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
From time to time the job holder will be expected to carry out other activities and tasks, within their skills and ability or for which they are trained to do in order to assist in the efficient operation of the company.
- Based on these deliverables, the successful candidate will be able to fulfil the following criteria;
- Educated to graduate level in an audio, acoustic or engineering degree or related subject. Equivalent industry learned capability also considered.
- Experience in working in a relevant pro audio or AV role, preferably including time spent working for a customer or competitor.
- Has a good understanding of pro audio, video and control systems.
- Has experience of specifying and programming audio DSP’s and popular control systems eg AMX Crestron or Extron
- Can demonstrate a decent basic grounding in acoustics and electro-acoustics.
- Has a good understanding of pro audio and AV product types.
- Experience in IP Network configuration, system coding and/or scripting would be beneficial
- High level of computer literacy and confidence with all MS Office products.
- Is able to problem solve to achieve effective and sustainable solutions.
- Has good literacy and numerical skills.
Working in this sector will require the applicant to;
- Have a full and clean driving licence and be willing to travel throughout the UK and Ireland. Travel abroad may also be required to attend trade events.
- Be familiar with Health and Safety best practices
Please send your CV and this Application Form (Word version, PDF version) to
Executive Assistant to the MD
Sound Technology Ltd
17 Letchworth Point
Letchworth Garden City
Or email both the above to email@example.com
Strictly no agencies.