Sales Manager - Entertainment Lighting (South)
Main purpose of role:
To enable the sales of Sound Technology’s entertainment lighting products and promote the interests of the company via a network of dealers, contractors, designers and other stakeholders.
- To make, plan and structure regular visits to all key accounts, ( Rental, Rock n Roll, Installers, Resellers… ) assigned to you, providing thorough reports of visits and sales prospects.
- To take responsibility for achieving sales and order targets and developing business in accordance with the company’s business plan for entertainment lighting.
- Work with our suppliers to identify UK entertainment lighting projects and manage them from inception through to conclusion.
- To take responsibility for the management of all issues arising from the business assigned to you within the region.
- To motivate and enable our channels to increase sales of the product range through utilising appropriate marketing techniques.
- To liaise with the senior Sound Technology management regarding channel reporting and sales strategies, and where necessary provide similar information to our suppliers.
- To seek out new business opportunities in the assigned area.
- To assist in the generation of positive PR to support the company’s reputation as a market leader, either directly, or in cooperation with the relevant customers.
- To ensure that products and the company are well represented by dealers and contractors in the sales region. Also to ensure that the dealers and contractors are fully aware of the product range and its applications and are technically trained on the products.
- To take responsibility for, and promote, the health, safety and welfare within the sales administration area, whilst complying with the company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance is expected of all employees.
From time to time the job holder will be expected to carry out other activities and tasks within their skills and ability or for which they are trained to do in order to assist in the efficient operation of the company.
Based on these deliverables, the successful candidate will be able to fulfil the following criteria;
Can work with little supervision but can also work as part of a team.Be able to demonstrate products to clients.
- Be able to show an excellent understanding of entertainment lighting products and markets, preferably having worked for a manufacturer/distributor in this market.
- Can demonstrate ability to achieve sales and order targets.
- Able to provide details of previous sales experience.
- Can demonstrate ability to main sales records, call plans and associated reporting.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to manage customer relationships.
- Can show excellent written, verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Can show a good level of computer literacy, showing knowledge of ERP CRM systems (preferably Netsuite).
- Show ability and understanding of the need for attention to detail.
Working in this sector will require the applicant to;
- Have a full and clean driving licence and be willing to travel throughout the UK and Ireland. Travel abroad may also be required to attend trade events.
- Be familiar with Health and Safety best practices
To apply complete this application form (PDF Format, Word Format) and send it, together with a covering letter and copy of your CV to:
Sound Technology Ltd
17 Letchworth Point
Letchworth Garden City
or email to email@example.com