As they celebrate their 30th year of award-winning digital audio recording products, Apogee is excited to announce The Element Series. This all-new product family includes three premium Thunderbolt audio I/O boxes for Mac - Element 24, Element 46 and Element 88, each with a different number of analogue and digital I/O. Element introduces a new control ecosystem that features an advanced blend of software and hardware options. The Element Series delivers Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt recording quality in simple form factors that are available at unprecedented prices.
A video overview of the new Apogee Element Series can be viewed here.
The Elements of Excellent Audio
Apogee is recognised by the professional audio industry as an innovator that sets the sound-quality standard in digital recording. Symphony I/O Mk II and Ensemble Thunderbolt are Apogee’s most recent flagship products.The essentials of excellent audio recording technology that make Ensemble Thunderbolt superior are embodied in the Element series. From the AD & DA conversion circuitry to the mic preamps and the clocking, each Element is designed to deliver legendary Apogee sound quality. An essential part of bringing this sound quality to and from your Mac is the interface connectivity. The Element series uses Apogee’s rock solid Thunderbolt driver for 1.41ms round-trip latency when using Logic Pro X. As an added element,the series also features Apogee Groove’s headphone output technology. This design dynamically optimises sound quality for a wide variety of headphones, regardless of their impedance you have connected.
Control the Elements
Apogee is also regarded as the company that revolutionised the audio interface user experience. Products like Duet and Ensemble Firewire created new categories in the home studio recording market and have been often imitated by other manufacturers seeking to capitalise on Apogee’s design success. Element evolves Apogee’s user interface approach again by offering broader more customisable options that extend beyond the physical hardware. The highly configurable Element Control software for Mac lets users set up workflows that meet their needs and the Element Control for iOS App lets them control the Elements remotely over wifi. Logic Pro X users can adjust Element I/O settings directly from their Logic Channel strips. And for those wanting more traditional desktop control, there’s the optional Apogee Control hardware, featuring a Duet like form-factor with 8 assignable buttons and a master control knob. Regardless which of these options you prefer, if you are using an Element, everything is under control.
“The Element Series delivers incredible performance at outstanding prices,” says Betty Bennett, Co-founder and CEO of Apogee. “The streamlined physical hardware takes a very direct approach, allowing us to maximise the components that are most important to sound quality. In addition, the Element Control ecosystem takes the audio interface user experience a step forward while giving customers more options. We feel the Element Series is transformative and we know our customers will be amazed by the quality and delighted with the value.”
Features and Benefits
- New family of Thunderbolt audio interfaces for Mac
- Element 24: 10 IN x 12 OUT
- Element 46: 12 IN x 14 OUT
- Element 88: 16 IN x 16 OUT
- Sound quality equal to Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt
- AD/DA conversion for recording up to 192kHz/24-bit
- World-class mic preamps built-in, with selectable 48v phantom power
- Single port Thunderbolt connectivity to Mac for ultra-low latency performance
- 1.41ms round-trip at 96kHz with a 32 buffer setting
- New Element Control Software for Mac provides all control of hardware parameters including input gain, output level and low latency monitoring
- New Element Control Mobile App provides wireless remote control of hardware via iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Works with Apogee Control – Desktop hardware remote control accessory (Sold separately)
- Multi-Unit Thunderbolt support – Connect any two Element audio I/O boxes directly to Thunderbolt ports on your computer
- Element 24 - £549 RRP inc VAT - Available November 2016
- Element 46 - £859 RRP inc VAT - Now Shipping Worldwide
- Element 88 - £1399 RRP inc VAT - Now Shipping Worldwide
- Element Control for Mac - Available as download from Apogee’s website
- Element Control for iOS - Now Available for Free from Apple’s App Store
- Apogee Control Hardware Remote - £189 RRP inc VAT - Available November 2016
Apogee Electronics are distributed in UK and ROI by Sound Technology Ltd. For more information please call 01462 480000 or visit http://www.soundtech.co.uk/apogee.
Founded in 1985, Apogee Electronics designs and manufactures award-winning audio recording solutions that are easy to use and sound amazing. The first Apogee products such as their UV22 technology were important factors in the acceptance and acceleration of early digital recording and Apogee was the first company to bring professional digital audio recording quality to Pro Tools HD, Mac Laptops and Apple’s iOS devices. Today, Apogee products like Symphony I/O, Ensemble, Quartet, Duet, ONE, JAM and MiC have been instrumental in creating countless GRAMMY® and OSCAR® winning recordings by the world’s most successful music artists. For more information, please visit http://www.apogeedigital.com