JBL Certified VTX Line Array Training in the UK
19th July '12
JBL Professional and UK distributor Sound Technology Ltd are proud to announce JBL Certified VTX Line Array Training on the 18th/19th September 2012 at our Pro Audio Demo Facility in Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire.
The course, the first VTX Certified Training Course to be run outside the U.S. will be hosted by Harman European Tour Sound Manager and FOH engineer Gert Sanner (Deep Purple). It is a two day course in the week following the PLASA 2012 Show.
The course covers in-depth line array theory, coupled with hands on practical use of our in-house JBL VTX array and Crown iTech HD V-Racks.
1. VTX V25 Overview
- Baffle, Differential Drive, D2 Dual Driver, Waveguide, RBI, TRAC
2. VTX Subwoofer Overview
- G28, S28, cardioid configurations
3. VTX Suspension and Handling
- Installation, Transport Accessories
4. VTX Digital Signal Processing
- BSS Audio OmniDrive HD Platforms
- Short Throw, Long Throw Presets
- Basic X, 60, 80 Sub/Low Options
- C1, C2, C3 / X, 60, 80, 300 Cardioid Sub Options
5. VTX Amplification
- Section power handling, sensitivity, max cont/peak output
- Section power match IT12000HD, IT4x3500HD
- VRack2, VRack4 basic building blocks: 3:2, 3+3 (VRack2); 6, 3+3 (VRack4)
6. VTX Control
- JBL HiQnet Performance Manager
- VRack2, VRack4 operating modes (nominal, high performance, economy)
- VTX preset management
7. VTX Systems Example
8. VTX Modelling
- Line Array Background and Theory
- JBL Line Array Calculator 2 (LAC II)
- JBL Line Array Control Panel (LACP)
9. VTX Sound Design
- Typical examples: theatre, arena, open air
- Subwoofer configurations
10. VTX Practical
- Preset listening (ST, LT; X, 60, 80 with subs)
DATE & TIMES
Two-day course: Tuesday 18th / Wednesday 19th September 2012
10am - 5pm both days
LOCATION & DIRECTIONS
The course is being held at JBL UK distributor Sound Technology Ltd. Our head office and demo facility is Letchworth Point, Dunhams Lane, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire. SG6 1ND
Google map: http://goo.gl/maps/UgDwA
Nearest Train Station: Letchworth Garden City (approx. 30 mins from London Kings Cross)
We are a 2 minute taxi journey from the station.
By Car: We are 5 minutes from J9 of the A1M in Hertfordshire.
See Google Map above. SatNav: SG6 1ND
The Broadway Hotel, Letchworth Garden City
Please quote "Sound Technology Ltd" when booking for our rate of £50 inc VAT per night.
Hitchin Priory, Hitchin
Please quote "Sound Technology Ltd" when booking for our rate of £55 inc VAT per night.
The JBL VTX Certified Training Course has an introductory price of just £125 + VAT. Lunches on both days and an evening meal on Tuesday evening are included.
Sign up via the link below and we will be in contact: